Senior Accountant at Iodine Software
Iodine Software equips medical care teams with the most innovative tools to solve some of their toughest problems in clinical documentation. By leveraging technology like Natural Language Processing, and groundbreaking technologies like Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence, our platform drives significant improvements in how hospitals document patient health conditions, in turn positively influencing team performance and patient outcomes.
The Senior Accountant role is an active engaged member of Iodine’s Finance and Accounting team reporting directly to the Controller. Our Senior Accountant supports accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensures adherence to appropriate internal control procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the daily activities of Iodine’s accounting and financial operations.
- Primary focus areas will include accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, accruals, payroll, fixed assets, inter-company transactions, and the monthly close process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries and related general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist in preparation and timely filing of state sales tax returns and other local tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing internal controls, policies, and procedures and the related documentation and record-keeping compliance
- Process payroll timely and accurately
- Support budget and forecasting activities as required
- Provide timely response and support for inbound departmental inquiries and ad-hoc analysis
- Support internal and external audit requirements
- Support accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Iodine’s internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline processes
What You’ll Need
Minimum Requirements (Education, certifications and experience):
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience with increasing responsibility, preferably at a rapidly growing SaaS company
- Experience with key accounting operations, including Order-To-Cash, Procure-To-Pay, Payroll, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite (or similar ERP system), Expensify, and Bill.com
- Strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Public accounting or audit experience preferred but not required
- CPA a plus but not required
See Something, Do Something
At Iodine, we are incredibly privileged to be entrusted with an enormous amount of Protected Health Information (PHI) amounting more than 90 million lives. Inherent to our culture is the need to live up to that trust in everything we do. Security is a primary responsibility shared by every Iodine employee and we expect everyone to honor that responsibility. That includes abiding by our security policies, being constantly vigilant to possible risks to the privacy and safety of the information given to our care and bringing forward any concerns about security.
What You’ll Get
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about us at www.iodinesoftware.com
**You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis**