Senior Accountant at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare's Asset Finance Team manages all capital assets and their financial lives, as well as prepaid expenses. We are split between a few areas of accounting, Fixed Asset, Prepaid Expenses, and Capitalized Software. This team works with various Operations groups to ensure that all assets are being accounted for correctly. Additionally, we provide needed information for our financial statements and support audit work being conducted.What you'll do
Seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Accountant to help support the fixed assets group. The Senior Accountant's main responsibilities include: the processing of fixed asset transaction from acquire through retirement, consolidated reporting for fixed assets globally, support audits and account reconciliations.
This position is integral to building a world-class organisation to support our growing and complex global business. This role requires a highly skilled and ambitious professional that can work independently, while adhering to internal controls.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Updates the fixed assets management system for fixed asset transactions
- Coordinates and records transfers and disposals of fixed assets
- Develops fixed asset reports, as needed
- Investigates discrepancies between account and sub-leger
- May assists with the development of written processes and procedures for identifying, tracking, transferring, reporting, and disposing of fixed assets
- May assists with the training of staff in relation to fixed asset systems, processes, and procedures
- Monitor and maintain Fixed Assets controls.
- Records fixed assets acquisitions, transfers and dispositions.
- Prepares audit schedules.
- Conducts fixed assets inventories, as needed
- Assists in the reconciliation of the fixed assets tracking database with related fixed assets general ledger and coordinates any variances with relevant fixed assets accounting staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Have extensive knowledge of excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Experience using NetSuite’s Fixed Asset Management tool preferred
- Be able to work an augmented schedule
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence others in order to achieve successful outcome in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively in a fast paced environment, while exhibiting exceptional attention to detail and continuously driving process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively accounting results to both accounting and non-accounting customers at various levels of the organisation.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Ability to work independently.
- Displays initiative and has the ability to improve processes and document work performed.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.