Senior Global Tax Manager
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2019, is looking for a Global Tax Manager to oversee all aspects of Taxes including SALT, Federal and International functions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Senior Global Tax Manager with extensive knowledge on a variety of tax issues, implications and statutory requirements to join our team at our Austin, Texas headquarters. The Tax Manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the domestic and international tax reporting. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with members of the accounting team both here and abroad and with external firms.
What You’ll Do
- Working knowledge and preparation of ASC 740, tax provision
- Tax preparation and compliance
- Complete and continue monitoring compliance with state, federal, and foreign tax jurisdictions
- Proactively communicate current tax and accounting developments globally and in the US
- Research, understand, and comply with all legal and taxation requirements and legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and filing financial reports in accordance with all laws including local, state, domestic and international
- Provide solutions to business decisions having tax implications
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal Finance group members
- Gain knowledge of various Finance functions by cross training with different Finance groups
- Coordinate and manage external resources when appropriate for optimal contribution
- Assist with the funds foreign tax withholding including preparation of extensive foreign tax documentation, staying up to date on changing tax documentation requirements, and developing an efficient global withholding tax process
- Coordinate and manage transfer pricing studies
Who You Are
- 7+ years in a Tax Accounting position
- 3+ years of previous experience in public accounting firm specializing in Tax
- Experience in a SaaS environment is preferred
- Enjoys working in highly dynamic environments and leveraging cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Enjoys rolling up sleeves and jump into the functionality of the position
- Must be resilient in an ever-changing environment, in a company during IPO readiness
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA required
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.