Senior Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting at Invitae
Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) is a leading medical genetics company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Invitae’s goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality, faster turnaround time, and lower prices.
FINANCIAL AND COMPANY SIZE INFORMATION: Invitae went public in 2015 and is a high growth company with significant increases in market cap and revenue since inception. Invitae is also a highly acquisitive company and has completed many acquisitions.
LOCATION: Remote or 1400 16th Street, San Francisco or one of our regional offices located in Seattle, Boulder, Irvine, and Cambridge
Invitae is seeking a Senior Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting. Ideally, this position will be based in our San Francisco headquarters, but flexible to work from our regional offices. Minimal travel may be required (when future conditions permit).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Assist in the preparation and review of annual and quarterly financial statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other SEC filings.
- Prepare & review quarterly and annual SEC filings on Form 10-Q and Form10-K
- Compile & review financial statements (Consolidated Balance Sheet,
- Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of
- Stockholders’ Equity, Footnotes), MD&A and other required SEC disclosure
- Prepare EPS calculations
- Review assumptions used to calculate stock-based compensation
- Review and approve XBRL tagging of financial statements under US GAAP
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and
- SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Prepare supporting tie-out packages
- Review disclosure checklists
- Manage internal and external review for these documents
- Prepare quarterly earnings release tables and assist in preparation and review of texts and scripts for earnings releases
- Determine and manage timelines for financial statement preparation and filing and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure such timelines are met
- Manage the Disclosure Committee and Disclosure Committee meetings to ensure that senior management performs their financial disclosure-related obligations on a timely basis
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare/review technical memorandums that document issues and conclusions in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Implement new accounting standards and practices and ensure compliance with industry regulations
- Recommend, implement, maintain, and communicate accounting policies, practices and procedures to improve and ensure financial control and integrity of the Company’s financial statements
- Prepare and review audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiriesManage SOX compliance for areas of responsibility
- Provide research or training to business and accounting positions regarding complex accounting issues
- Manage and complete special projects as necessary
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of ten (10) plus years of accounting experience
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
- SEC reporting and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- A proven record of excellence in SEC reporting and technical accounting role
- Significant public accounting and previous financial due diligence experience
- Excellent analytical skills and confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Hands-on leader who’s resourceful, has interpersonal communication skills, including
written communications, and has a proactive, forward-thinking mentality
- Ability to be flexible, work independently, and act as a team player with a superior attention to detail
- Capability to be a key participant in the SOX documentation and requirements for the
- External Reporting/Technical Accounting team
- Tech savvy proficient
- Team player yet able to work independently
- Composed under pressure
- Experience in digital, life science, healthcare industries, or diagnostics segment preferred
WHY POSITION IS OPEN:
Expanding the team due to growth, particularly with multiple pending transactions in 2021.
This position will report to the Head M&A and Technical Accounting and External Reporting, with high visibility throughout the organization.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: The Company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities for future growth.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.