Senior Payroll Specialist at WP Engine
WP Engine is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to lead all payroll processes for our US operations. By working closely with the greater Accounting and Finance teams, you'll have the ability to make a lasting impact for our growing organization.What's cool about this job
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will process payroll for our US operations. In this role you will work closely with the Sr. Global Payroll Specialist to streamline our payroll processes to help us scale with the growth of the business. You will also have the opportunity to partner closely with other teams within the business such as our People Operations, Financial Systems, Accounting and Finance teams. You will have the chance to create a lasting impact in driving value for our employees through your customer service mindset.The day to day
- Review and ensure accuracy of payroll information, including new hires, terminations, benefit changes, garnishments, 401(k) contributions, and employee data changes.
- Ensure multi-state payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees is accurate and processed on a timely basis.
- Reconcile salary, payroll taxes, and other deductions from payroll reports to general ledger and prepare and post payroll journal entries after each payroll run.
- Assist with preparing payroll related reconciliations for audit purposes (workers comp, corporate insurance renewals, yearly audit).
- Research and respond to inquiries from employees, vendors, and taxing agencies on payroll related matters.
- Maintain accurate and organized payroll records.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform ad hoc accounting projects and payroll reports on an as-needed basis.
- 3-5 years of multistate payroll processing experience.
- Working knowledge of FLSA and other federal and state laws related to payroll (e.g., hours and taxation).
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to provide excellent service to employees at all levels.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex payroll questions.
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
- Enjoy a fast paced deadline oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple concurrent and diversified tasks, while working within deadlines.
- Sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Paylocity, UltiPro and Netsuite experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- Experience working in the software or services industry.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.