The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
Opcity is seeking a self-motivated, hard-working Staff Accountant who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The Staff Accountant will develop and maintain financial reports, schedules, and subledgers in order to ensure the accuracy of Opcity’s financial statements. This position will play an impactful role on the Accounting team with the opportunity to develop new processes as Opcity continues on its trajectory of rapid growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurately maintaining Opcity’s financial statements, subledgers, and rollforward schedules
- Perform general ledger entries, monthly reconciliations, and close activities
- Assist with preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Assist with developing accounting methodology and writing policies
- Develop processes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the month-end close cycle
- Prepare reports and other analysis as needed on financial health of organization
- Other duties as assigned by management
What We Like To See/ Measures of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- At least one (1) year in a corporate accounting function required with duties similar to those listed above highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of Accrual Accounting practices, principles and activities
- Experience in expense categorization and/or accounts payable is preferred
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in an efficient manner
- Ability to work well with accounting teammates as well as co-workers in other departments
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- PC Proficiency – Oracle Cloud, QuickBooks, Other Accounting Applications, Excel, Word, Powerpoint required and Access or other databases also desirable
Hours generally are weekday, regular work hours. Position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operate phones, computers, copiers, and other office equipment.
Read Full Job Description