Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
As the Staff Accountant Level I, you will report to the Controller. You will provide entry-level administrative and financial support services, and work closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties.
The following are some of your duties and responsibilities as the Staff Accountant at Living Security:
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and W-9 verification for new vendors
- Provide accounting and financial support to management as needed
- Assist with the maintenance of accounting systems for financial transactions
- Maintain the general ledger, record cash receipts, and financial transactions
- Reconcile bank, credit card accounts, and intercompany accounts
- Coordinate collection activities, with support from the team, including calls and emails to customers, and internal escalations as required for problem accounts
- Generate and send monthly statements to customers
- Support team on month-end close procedures
- Maintain on-time and proper customer invoicing
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Positive contributor to the team by supporting and executing projects as needed
- An Associates degree in Accounting - may be considered with the right experience
- 2 years professional experience in accounting and finance
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors, and customers
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with streamlining AR functions by maintaining/coding applicable customer discounts and supporting communication on discrepancies
- Experience working for a start-up SaaS company
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Adviser
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.