Tax Associate II (CPA or EA; Full Time; Remote) at LegalZoom
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
Come join LegalZoom as a Tax expert! LegalZoom is building the next frontier of services for our customers: business tax advisory and preparation. In this role, you'll work to serve our small business customers by providing tailored advice on tax-related issues, help them navigate business tax planning, and file business taxes on their behalf.
This role is an exciting opportunity for tax professionals with a passion for working with small business customers and empowering them to succeed in a dynamic new part of the LegalZoom team. You'll be expected to help us build systems and tools to serve our small business customers, and you'll be at the frontier of the business tax experience as we test and learn how to best offer our service.
We are open to remote work in the states of: NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, TN, FL, GA, WV, SC, NC, CA, OR, AZ, CO, WA, NV, UT, WI, KS, MI, TX, IL, MN, OH, MO, AR
- Prepare personal and business tax returns (Forms: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S) across the United States
- Provide tax advisory and planning services to small business customers digitally (video conference and over the phone)
- Understanding tax obligations, helping with tax planning, helping businesses track and maximize deductions, etc.
- Provide delightful, high-quality customer service while utilizing company practices and procedures to answer routine tax questions and documenting interactions with clients
- CPA or EA credential is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation with an EA or CPA credential
- 3- 5 years of relevant experience in tax preparation and tax advisory, with working knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
- Experience using tax software such as Lacerte or ProConnect and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks Online preferred)
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accountability to high-quality tax preparation standards
- Enthusiasm for serving customers and working on a team with other like-minded tax experts, especially in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Experience using accounting software such as QuickBooks Online
- High-quality communication skills (written and oral)
- Excel at organization and problem solving with strong time-management skills
For onsite roles or roles that require periodic onsite visits, LegalZoom requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. LegalZoom will require proof of vaccination before a successful applicant's first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not LegalZoom undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.