Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market, and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal, and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.6 star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating .
Billd seeks a VP of Credit and Analytics to lead and manage all aspects of credit, risk management, and analytics. This executive will be responsible for providing effective oversight of the company's enterprise credit management; developing and implementing the credit policy; ensuring the company operates within manageable limits; and leading, both directly and indirectly, groups of people within multiple functions relating to risk management. This person will be responsible for managing core underwriting and credit operations policy/process/workflows while also managing the account and project underwriting team.
The VP of Credit and Analytics will serve as the company's credit leader with responsibility for developing and leading a credit risk strategy that will facilitate ambitious growth, while still maintaining an appropriate level of quality for the portfolio. In addition to developing all of the required frameworks, models, and policies and evaluating transactions, s/he will be a key strategic partner to executive management in developing and implementing the growth strategy of the business. This role will build and manage a team of data scientists, business analysts, and senior managers who are responsible for analytics to credit, marketing, sales, and product.
It is critical for this role to work hand in hand with other functional divisions such as technology, sales, customer service, legal and financial operations. Ability to work functional is required for this role. This role will report directly to the CEO.
What You'll Do
- Oversee policy of applicant and project underwriting, credit decisioning, compliance, financial operations, and collections
- Develop, implement and enforce company Credit Policy, which includes credit algorithm, automated decisioning, individual applicant/project underwriting process, credit limit determination methodology, delinquency and default workflows, and collection process
- Build and manage analytics team responsible for credit, sales, marketing, and product insight, testing, and performance tracking
- Design, test, and implement strategies that impact approvals, pricing, and delinquency performance
- Understand and manage applicable industry regulation
- Expand third-party data acquisition that feeds to credit decisioning model
- Accountability to portfolio delinquency targets
- Manage financial operations which include loan disbursements and payment servicing
- Maintain knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting lending policies (consumer and business), product compliance, and loan underwriting guidelines
- Provide technical assistance to Account Management and Business Development staff to improve intake and application documentation process
- Lead all portfolio reporting required by investors, debt providers, and credit bureaus
- Work directly with company investors to update on credit policy changes including the evolution of credit algorithm, target vs. actual default and delinquency rate, and industry trends that affect credit decisioning
- Assist in capital markets diligence as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Ten or more years of experience working in commercial lending, credit risk analytics, and risk management with lending organizations including the development of credit policy, underwriting standards, and internal risk scoring
- Experience in developing credit policy and credit algorithms with B2B lending
- A data-driven approach to credit algorithm development and maintenance
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- A graduate degree is preferred
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description