VP, Finance - Government Programs at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Budgeting and forecasting for the markets, products and centralized costs associated with the Medicare line of business,
- Working closely with the Medicare and Medicaid Line of Business Presidents and other key leaders to achieve budget and forecast commitments on membership, revenue, medical and operating costs through implementation of key initiatives across the business,
- Serve as strategic advisor to Bright HealthCare’s CEO and CFO on all Medicare and Medicaid line of business decisions,
- Partnering with the actuarial team on annual bids and business cases for new market and product expansion,
- Ensuring newly acquired entities are acclimated to key Finance business processes,
- Developing and building a Government Programs finance organizational structure that properly balances national and local expertise,
- Partnering with the centralized Medical Cost Management team to identify, size, prioritize and ensure successful execution of medical cost management initiatives, and
- Allocating resources across the business to achieve optimal results.
- Budgeting and forecasting for the Government Programs business in partnership with key operators and finance personnel.
- Partner with Medicare and Medicaid Presidents to achieve budget and forecast commitments through implementation of key initiatives across the business.
- Serve as key advisor to BHC CEO and CFO
- Partner with actuarial team on annual bid process and new product/geographic expansion business cases
- Lead integration of newly acquired entities into BHC finance business processes
- Develop and evolve the Government Programs finance organizational structure to ensure balance in national vs. local expertise
- Partner with centralized Medical Cost Management team to identify, size, prioritize and ensure execution of medical cost management initiatives
- Allocate resources to the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business to ensure the business delivers optimal results
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (Required), MBA (Preferred)
- Fifteen (15) or more years’ health plan business finance experience with emphasis in Government Programs (Required)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point (Required)
- Previous health plan experience, preferably in one of more of the following areas: financial planning and analysis, Medicare experience and market-level financial and operational experience.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal teams to effectively understand issues and mitigate risks accordingly
- Experience and strong influential skills to manage cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex business problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with and influence internal executive sponsors
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.