We are seeking a candidate for our Director, Revenue HR Business Partner opening who has the experience and enthusiasm for creating and implementing strategic HR within our go-to-market functions working directly with our CRO, CMO and Head of Services. You should have the experience and capabilities to partner with and influence our business leaders through org effectiveness and org design initiatives, guide leadership to build scalable and resilient teams, and coach our leaders to be effective in their role. You can expect to leverage a progressive thinking People team composed of disciplines that include Rewards, Operations, Recruiting, DEI, and DISCO U. You will be joining a team that is respected by our leaders and eager to face the challenges of constant growth and change. The People function was formally launched 2 years ago as part of DISCO’s continued hyper growth. Much of the infrastructure is now created, including the centralization of all enablement, learning, and product training, allowing the focus of our efforts to shift toward our talent strategy, manager capability, and scaling DISCO to be a $1B business. You will be a strategic leader in enabling and scaling our GTM functions.What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with business leaders. Anticipate HR-related needs, proactively communicating within the department and to company leadership to develop and deliver solutions aligned with business goals
- Coach leaders to identify and implement strategies to build team capability and engagement, including the identification and active coaching to remove leadership blindspots and accelerate areas for development
- Serve as a trusted advisor to assigned business units on their management practices, performance management, engagement, organizational effectiveness, compensation, team member development and retention, employee relations, and compliance
- Perform analysis to provide the information managers need to reach quick, informed decisions
- Take initiative to always ask and answer the question, “how can we do better?” to identify, create, and deliver guidance and programs that elevate the company while continually driving the mentality of “raising the bar”
- Maintain an open door where employees and managers are comfortable dropping by any time, while also being visible within your groups and at client staff meetings
- Quickly gain rapport with leadership and employees to establish professional trust
- Ability to play up and down the stack of HRBP responsibilities including managing frontline employee relation issues as needed
- Model and champion our values to shape our company culture
- Demonstrate awareness of all facets of DEI, and foster change and implement best practices that align with our DEI strategy
- 10+ years in HR supporting a high growth company across multiple sites and multiple regions internationally..
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- We are data driven. Possess a track record of proactively analyzing situations, identifying business needs, being creative in your solutioning
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality solutions that go above and beyond your clients’ expectations
- Ability to balance multiple strategic priorities and projects while simultaneously managing day-to-day tactical details where priorities can change in a moment
- Experience in a position requiring regular interface with executive staff members is essential along with your ability to influence and guide your clients and serve as a conduit to the People (HR) organization
- You must be highly ethical and maintain confidentiality in your HR role
- Change is constant in DISCO’s growth environment – know when and how to introduce meaningful change leveraging the principles of change management with the goal of quick adoption
- During the critical time of scaling the business, possess the ability to flex your approach and priorities between tactical execution and strategic influence and decision making
- Strong data analysis capabilities. Outstanding Excel & Powerpoint skills for analyzing, reporting, and presentations. Willingness to leverage the G-suite as your operating platform.
- Possess strong decision-making skills – be able to work independently with little supervision while taking complete ownership of assigned projects
- Have a mindset that looks for ways to reduce friction for the business and rejects the notion of rules just for “rules sake” but rather have the courage to suggest what is right thing for both the employee and the business
- Understands and appreciates the impact DEI has on business performance. Prior involvement in DEI strategy and initiatives to allow us to effectively scale.
- Previous experience supporting a sales, sales operations, client success and/or marketing organizations as a HRBP
- Started out in Sales Enablement / Sales Ops / Sales Comp before moving into an HR role.
- Experience in high-tech SaaS or legal domain
- Experience scaling a high growth company and who has a mix of startup and enterprise level experience.
- Experience with a company going through an IPO
- Experience in Workday and Greenhouse or other similar HCM & ATS systems
- An MBA or Masters in HR and Industrial Relations
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.