RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world”. The Talent team at RigUp encompasses all things people. On this team, you can find Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, People Operations, Talent Development, Workplace Operations, Talent Brand, and Administration working cohesively to build and maintain the best team around. The focus of the Talent Team is to promote culture, growth, and efficiency while strengthening the RigUp team.
RigUp is hiring a Director of HRBP who will lead the HRBP and people operations functions at RigUp. The Director of HRBP will be instrumental in advising the business on people programs and driving sound HR processes and controls to allow RigUp to grow in a sustainable, culturally resonant, and scalable way. Our ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate our unique culture.
The Director of HRBP will lead a team of HRBPs to define the capabilities required to support RigUp’s business and execute against plans as RigUp continues to scale rapidly. Our ideal candidate will bring a highly analytical and commercial mind, a strong operational focus, and a healthy dose of empathy to deliver impactful and people-centered HR solutions to the entire business. This role will play a critical role in evolving the organization as we continue to grow quickly and will act as connective tissue for RigUp’s Talent function. This individual is also someone who has built high-quality HR/people teams and has deep expertise in HR fundamentals. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as an advisor to leaders across our business regarding key organizational and management challenges and opportunities and guide the HRBP team to build and execute effective talent strategies in support of each functions’ needs
- Develop and guide the vision, strategy, and daily operations across the HRBP, Employee Relations, and People Operations teams to deliver strategic HR consultation and support to our growing and diverse workforce
- Build, evolve and mature HRBP operating model and ensure alignment with the other functions within the People team
- Manage HR risk, compliance, and reporting by building and maintaining a strong internal controls environment and improving visibility into key Talent metrics (diversity, attrition, growth, and more)
- Lead a people operations team that manages HR workflows, back office, and HR systems and tools
- Partner with cross-functional Talent team, Talent Acquisition, Workplace Operations, Talent Brand & Belonging, and Talent Development to both drive impact and to inform Talent programs
What you should have:
- 10+ years of work experience in human resources (5+ years as a people manager in the HRBP function) at fast-growing companies (headcount of 500+ employees) preferred
- Deep HR domain expertise and familiarity with employment law, compliance standards, and reporting requirements
- Experience understanding strategic organizational issues and influencing change
- Deep expertise in communicating effectively across teams, including building and implementing cross-functional systems or processes, and change management
- Experience operationalizing a world-class employee experienceExposure and direct experience with operational aspects of HR back office and tech stack
- Experience using data to inform insights and decision-making
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!