Head of People
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
As Head of People you will be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain the team at New Knowledge. You will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to scale, develop, and grow quickly. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities. We want to make New Knowledge a great place to work, where we build a great team, where people are challenged to do their best, and where everyone can make a difference. Exceptional people deserve the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support.
As The Head of People, you will be responsible for helping us build and support our exceptional group of people. You will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their organizations. This will involve, driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolving employee relations issues and managing programs that help develop staff. This position is a key strategic role and will have a huge impact on shaping our company culture and scaling the business.
- Working with the executive team and team leaders you will own all human resources related activities
- You will motivate and manage a team of Recruiters and People Operations
- Provide human resources support and consultation across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers and executives in all related areas and regions including: recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently
- Provide leadership on people related issues and policies across the company
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change
- 10 years of HR business partner experience working in a fast paced ideally startup environment
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team
- Associates degree required
- A passion for people and our mission
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- Flexible work hours
- Lots of available and free parking
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities