HR Generalist at Whole Foods Market
- Supports assigned organizations through provision of and / or advice relating to various TMS functions and processes, including:
- Performance management, talent assessment, and Team Member development,
- Team Member relations,
- HRIS input and update,
- Compensation and benefits,
- Diversity and inclusion,
- Succession and replacement planning.
- Ensures all processes associated with payroll, new hire, transfer and termination transactions are accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for Team Members’ communication, education and advice on all TMS programs and systems.
- Recommends system and process improvements for related TMS functions.
- Builds consensus and resolves internal disputes on TMS policy and practice decisions.
- Partners with Global TMS teams on special projects and assignments.
- Provides local support for global programs and initiatives.
- Ensures compliance and proper application of all federal, state, and local laws, including FMLA, I-9, SOX, and FLSA.
- Ensures client understanding of and compliance with applicable company policies / practices.
- Ensures all legal and employment postings are visible and current.
- Maintains and oversees Team Members’ files.
- Fulfills TMS responsibilities associated with all parts of the unemployment process, including responding to claims, appeals, and participating in hearings.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies.
- Understands company Human Resources policies, practices, and expectations.
- Understands and is able to apply parameters of labor issues including FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and Leaves of Absence.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local Human Resources regulations and how these affect and are applied within WFM.
- Working knowledge of HRMS systems and programs.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Kronos, Workday, and other HRIS.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Provides first point of contact for leadership and / or Team Member questions.
- Communicates and demonstrates support for TMS decisions even if not consistent with own point of view.
- Makes sound decisions based on available information.
- Gathers, consolidates, and analytically processes information.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of statistics, research methods, measurement concepts, and metrics.
- Engages in preliminary analysis of collected data and reports findings to senior TMS Team Members / Team Leaders.
- Analyzes data and reports findings and trends.
- Possesses clear understanding of business objectives of WFM and supported region / stores.
- Understands how effective people and organization management systems can differentiate WFM from the competition.
- Understands the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
- Works effectively with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings, and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Displays strong levels of customer service
- Ability to independently facilitate tm training on various TMS and related topics.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended any time at the sole discretion of Whole Foods Market. The appropriate country or jurisdictional laws, processes, professional or regulatory bodies, and qualifications apply outside of the United States.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.