At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are seeking a Human Resources (HR) Director to join our team. The ideal candidate has high growth start-up and technology company experience with a complete range of HR functions. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about defining and establishing company culture and world-class teams, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will build world-class people operations functions and help define the culture for an emerging tech company experiencing rapid growth. Every HR discipline will be yours to conceive, implement, grow, and enhance: from Recruiting & Staffing; Workforce Planning; Total Rewards; Performance Management; Employee Learning & Development; Diversity & Inclusion; to Facilities Management.
As our first Head of HR, you will lead the People and Culture backbone to all of CesiumAstro’s activities -- from ensuring our fast-paced growth through recruitment to driving greater company impact through learning, development, and performance management, to adapting our teams and workstyles in this unprecedented year. This role sits on our leadership team and will be working closely with our founder/CEO and Finance Director.
- Leadership of Cesium’s people culture: motivating employees to join and remain at the company, ensuring that we live our values (and amend them when needed), evolving the employee experience, and handling employee relations with directness and empathy.
- Strategic counsel and coach to the company’s leaders: including developing insights on overall organization design, workforce planning, skills development, and employee collaboration as we grow from 50 to 200+. Bring insights to bear that are data-driven and experience-based.
- Quickly learn success drivers for the company and assess current organizational structure in that light. Help define the future organizational structure, across functions and geographies.
- Amplify establishment of regional offices and help fill critical roles
- Establish comprehensive job catalog, requisition process, role standardization and leveling, compensation standards, and development ladders
- Define performance management philosophy and implement the required tools to establish and measure a high performing team
- Coaching managers to achieve the best among their team and be the "glue" that holds the company together as we grow
- Define regulatory roadmap and ensure current compliance and future requirements
- Work closely with executive peers to manage rapid growth and change
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant general business and HR experience with an emphasis on providing HR business partner support to teams including engineering, product, and finance. Demonstrated understanding of HRBP practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management, and executive relationship building.
- Analytical approach and skills for assessing, influencing, and measuring organizational impact; coupled with a strong EQ and developed sense of reading people
- Articulate, positive, and persuasive communication skills; highly effective one-on-one, in groups, and in companywide or external presentations
- Keen insight into high functioning teams and their primary role in driving corporate success
- Work history across both tech startups and Series D onward or public companies
- Genuine comfort with and enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment and associated ambiguity
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.