People & Culture Business Partner
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As the People & Culture Business Partner, you are excited to have a meaningful impact on Aceable and the employee experience. Your time will be spent supporting our team members to be great culture stewards and operators as well as supporting our functional heads and people managers to be great people leaders. You will also be hands on for a wide variety of people practices, programs, and tools that bring to life our culture for every employee. Imagine, everyday you will play a meaningful role in shaping our success and our future. You will work closely with and report to the VP of People & Culture.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE & CULTURE TEAM
The Aceable People & Culture team is a data-driven, results oriented, and compassionate team committed to an amazing Aceable employee experience. We align people priorities to our strategic business objectives and use our core values as our north star. We cultivate the Aceable culture and live our values.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with leaders of client groups to proactively design and implement talent solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives in line with company core values.
- Coach and guide people managers to apply our people practices using Aceable’s core values, particularly around performance feedback and improvement discussions plus corrective action processes.
- Lead and manage execution of all performance and compensation programs for client groups.
- Know the pulse of the organization and your client groups and develop and implement innovative employee engagement initiatives.
- Administer our robust leave of absence programs by advising, tracking, and managing employee throughout the entire LOA process.
- Conduct investigations of employee relations issues in alignment with Aceable’s core values (think conflict resolution, attendance, policy violations, etc).
- Manage employee onboarding process by ensuring all onboarding partners complete their workflows, and consulting on I-9s, onboarding questions, new employee training.
- Own the employee exit experience, including exit interviews, feedback roll ups, and attrition metrics and tracking/reporting.
- Process HRIS transactions including organizational changes, terminations, and LOA’s.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Have a B.S. or B.A. and 4+ years of Human Resources experience with progressive career development.
- Inquisitive, resourceful, and resilient growth mindset.
- Effective management of the details as you work towards the bigger picture.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize your work without compromising quality or the experience you are working to deliver.
- Excitement about ambiguity because it’s an opportunity to get creative and challenge assumptions.
- Confidence to ask thought-provoking questions and give hiqh-quality feedback to anyone (at any level) with integrity.
- Effective communication skills and ability to make yourself easily understood and make others feel heard.
- Experience supporting non-exempt and exempt populations.
- Knowledge of HR policies and laws including FMLA, Leave of Absence, and other relevant HR related laws.
- Full understanding of federal, state and local regulations and maintain compliance postings and audits of requirements.
- Experience as a Business Partner to various client groups in a variety of locations, including a remote workforce.
- Experience with Namely.
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description