People Operations Business PartnerCivitas Learning is seeking an experienced People Operations Business Partner to join our growing organization. The People Operations Business Partner (aka HRBP) position is a broad role, responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management across all departments. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues.
The successful People Operations Business Partner acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates People-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our People Operations department and business management, the POBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities.
Ability to build relationships with co-workers and manage senior stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Conducts regular meetings with internal business units.
Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal council as necessary.
Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
Conducts ongoing compensation analysis for all employees and departments.
Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
Partners with legal counsel to manage visa transfers and sponsorships
Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
Interest in working both on day-to-day HR tasks, and special projects
Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Interest in conducting training sessions for employees, management and executive leadership
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, exit interviews, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Bachelor degree
- 4+ years experience in human resources, professional development, employee relations and an understanding relevant US labor laws and issues
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers’ compensation, federal and state employment laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in an environment with a large amount of ambiguity
- PHR or SHRM certifications a plus
- SaaS or startup experience a plus
Civitas Learning is a student success company delivering the clearest path to improved higher education outcomes. The company’s Student Success Intelligence Platform leverages each institution’s unique data to find and distribute the strongest signals across the student lifecycle. These signals empower students to make the best possible decisions along their academic pathway. Advisors, faculty, and administrators can personalize support, scale meaningful action, and measure impact to dramatically improve student outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 325 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.