People Operations Coordinator
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars is searching for a collaborative People Operations Coordinator to join our team and help us focus on the employee experience and make it a memorable one. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship, but we cannot achieve this without first investing deeply in our employees, and creating a worthy work environment where their growth and development is top priority. We believe that our employee success team can be our driving competitive advantage. You would be backed by great leadership, in a world-class culture that values problem-solving and belonging.
- Assist with coordinating a variety of trainings and events which may include but is not limited to New Hire Orientation and Open Enrollment
- Meticulously organize and help welcome new employees as they onboard
- Maintain and update data within our HRIS and across other systems ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Provide high touch support to employees by responding to questions quickly and with a friendly and helpful approach
- Manage compliance of various state and federal requirements including: I-9 authorizations, background checks, etc.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications and unemployment claims
- Manage employee files and uploading new hire documentation while ensuring we are in compliance
- Support the integrity of our data by running regular audits and reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other administrative tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business / Human Resources
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a HR role in a startup environment
- A friendly attitude and willingness to tackle the people operations role with a more edgy approach
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- A commitment to helping others and providing a high touch approach to the employee experience
- An ability to tackle a lot of new things without getting overwhelmed
- Obsessive about the new hire experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You have onboarded employees and know all their names.
- Fun. You are a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you are flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Organized. Ability to take on many projects with grace
- Reflect our values: Shared Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit, and Joy Every Day
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.