The People Operations Coordinator plays an integral role in the People Operations team and is responsible for supporting the team member life-cycle through daily HR administration, payroll & benefits, and system management. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, attention to detail, customer service, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
HR Administration Responsibilities:
- Review all pre-employment background checks and make independent determinations on results, including escalation to appropriate leadership when necessary.
- Work with IT and Tech Support teams to ensure new hires have the proper equipment and accounts.
- Process new hire I-9s through E-verify.
- Manage employee files ensuring compliance and most up to date employment information exists and is accurate.
- Manage People Ops workflow and processes through Trello to ensure task management in real time is accurate.
- Create, update, and maintain process documentation for the People ops team.
- Assist the People Ops team with adhoc administrative tasks.
System Management Responsibilities:
- Own employee data management.
- Manage collection and input of all employee data across tools and platforms used by People Operations.
- Maintain reporting functionality for People Operations data and dashboards.
- Maintain accurate and timely entries in HRIS (PeopleSoft) including new hire information, employee changes, and off-boarding.
- Monitor and administer Culture Amp employee and reporting groups information for performance management, engagement, and life-cycle surveys.
- Own organizational structure updates, employee changes and reporting in Pingboard.
Payroll + Benefits Responsibilities:
- Oversee weekly payroll to ensure team members are paid accurately and timely.
- Maintain accurate records of personnel changes.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with our parent company’s (H-E-B) Payroll and Benefits team to ensure process and documentation is adequate and compliant.
- Partner with Favor’s Accounting team on payroll reporting.
- Complete employment and income verification in a timely manner.
- Respond to and coordinate team member benefit administration support requests (Open Enrollment, Initial/New Hire Enrollment, Leaves of absence management, communication and tracking (FMLA, Personal, etc.), additional programs (Commuter FSA, 401k, Partner Stock Program, VPP, etc.).
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role (HR Coordinator, Benefits/Payroll Coordinator, HR Systems, etc.).
- Experience with PeopleSoft is a plus.
- Working knowledge of employee payroll landscape, processes and compliance.
- General understanding of employment law (FMLA, FLSA, EEOC, etc.).
- Communicate confidently with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and resourceful.
- Demonstrate proven experience with prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving.
- Demonstrate customer service and employee-experience focused.
- Demonstrate high touch, caring and helpful approach in difficult circumstances.
- Be patient and approachable.
- Simplify complex concepts into digestible information for employees to understand.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description