Whole Foods Market is seeking a Principal Payroll Operations Analyst at their Global Central Corporate office to work with senior management to set strategic direction in the development, execution and continuous improvement of multi-state payroll-related policies, procedures, and administration for over 95,000 Team Member in the US, Canada, and UK. Ensures employee, manager, and vendor questions are addressed accurately and in a timely manner, escalating and properly routing complex or sensitive issues to the appropriate individual or departments. WFM is looking for someone with growth mindset and resilience to keep moving forward as our business continues to expand. Candidates should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a high degree of customer orientation with the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely resolutions.
- Reviews department workload; monitors status of work in progress; and audits completed work.
- Reviews current processes to develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll; anticipates the need to create or update SOPs.
- Sets strategic direction for both the near-term and long-term for continuous improvement in payroll operations.
- Ensures WFM is receiving optimal service from vendors and service providers; represents the TMS Payroll Team in meetings, identifies and facilitates resolution of issues.
- Consults in the creation and dissemination of reports cross functionally to ensure we are compliant with deadlines, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Partners with Amazon’s Stock Administration in the vested RSU tax calculation auditing and reconciliation process.
- Supports and monitor compliance with departmental and overall WFM objectives ensuring team maintains a strong focus on key goals and Customer Service.
- Participates in and/or leads internal and/or external audits as required.
- Assist with annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2 and all annual year-end processes.
- Drives continued cultural transformation through credible, strategic influence among business leaders and senior management.
- Skillful in handling difficult or highly sensitive situations with the highest levels of integrity and discretion.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of Workday and Kronos preferred.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local wage and hour laws.
- Experience with Canadian and/or UK payroll.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action and follow up.
- Able to play a leadership role (formally and informally) working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings, and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including preparing and delivery of presentations to all levels of staff including upper management.
- Advanced proficiency on Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Certified Payroll Professional credentials preferred but not required.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree an 6-8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant progressive payroll experience
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.