Recruiter-Direct Sales at Hippo Insurance
Role: Recruiter- Direct Sales
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Direct Sales Director
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
This Direct Sales Recruiter would be responsible for recruiting direct sales agents and, facilitating the onboarding process in order to contribute to their development. This person will be vital to the success of direct sales agents through immediate engagement with new agents and ensuring they have the tools and resources needed to grow their business. A typical day would entail a high volume of calls and phone interviews with potential outside contractors.
- You’ve got talent acquisition experience and you are excited about Hippo’s forward-thinking approach to insuring homeowners
- You're a sales person at your core and you enjoy engaging with others
- You can effectively consult and manage stakeholders by communicating in a clear, concise, persuasive manner on proposed solutions, tied back to business needs
- You genuinely love helping others grow and are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the direct sales agents are successful
- You are naturally organized, focused, driven, curious, open and flexible
- Engage and partner with the Director of Direct Sales in order to understand departmental and talent needs
- Source, screen and interview candidates
- Coordinate the interview and onboarding process
- Support agents in the Direct Sales referral/recruiting program
- Facilitate the seamless onboarding of direct sales agents to fully understand and advocate Hippo’s products, services, and competitive advantage
- Act as a key contact for all issues related to onboarding and monitor progress
- Partner with Director of Direct Sales to assess program effectiveness and impact on sales
- 3+ years’ experience in HR, talent acquisition (agency or corporate), and/or learning and development or combination
- 3+ years in industry related field such as: insurance – P&C, L&H, support, claims, underwriting, and/or direct sales, finance, real estate, sales or combination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, and you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.