Senior Associate, Workforce HR (Austin, TX) at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Associate, Workforce HR that will be responsible for completing day-to-day support tasks for our workforce. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys helping people succeed in their careers and uses excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide information and resources to others.
Why Join us? Our Worker Experience team at Workrise is responsible for providing a safe and transparent experience for our workforce in the field.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and organize mail and correspondence including but not limited to garnishment paperwork, notices from government agencies, and employment verification requests
- Complete worker support tickets, including but not limited to employment verifications and general inquiries regarding benefits, payroll, and job placement opportunities
- Escalate worker grievances or high touch support issues to the Worker Relations team
- Work with Onboarding, Sourcing, and Worker Relations to ensure that support tickets make it to the right team for resolution
- Identify common inquiries and collect standard document resources to assist workers in self service, including but not limited to benefits guides, worker-facing government notices, state specific pamphlets
- Navigate the Workrise platform and HRIS to resolve general worker inquiries regarding their documents and information; assist workers with self service where possible
- Working on additional tasks or projects as requested
- Proficiency in GSuite software
- Comfort using Slack, e-mail, and other workplace communication tools
- 2+ years of prior experience in an HR role is preferred
- Spanish language proficiency is not required, but is a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!