- Provides day-to-day guidance to allied internal and external constituents.
- Ensures effective representation of TMS within a client organization or organizations.
- Engages with client leadership to understand:
- Business objectives and priorities,
- Staffing requirements,
- Team Member issues, including Team Member relations and performance,
- Required levels of organizational capability and associated training needs,
- Required levels of TMS support for ongoing operations.
- Engages with TMS functional teams to ensure effective delivery of required services, including Compensation, Benefits, Learning & Development, Recruiting, Talent Management.
- Directs the efforts of internal Team Members and designated external service providers / consultants in the development, delivery, coordination, and facilitation of the full range of TMS programs and services.
- Oversees client-focused efforts to monitor regulatory and corporate compliance, engages with client leaders and stakeholders to address and resolve identified issues.
- Provides advice and counsel to client leaders/ stakeholders on the handling of specific employment, Team Member, leadership, or related issues.
- Understands and can effectively manage the full range of TMS’ programs and processes, including but not limited to Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and HRIS.
- Understands the Human Resources’ objectives, challenges, and requirements of the retail food industry.
- Helps define Generalist and Business Partner strategy and ensures alignment and integration with applicable TMS functions, programs, and processes.
- Ability to drive and lead teams and Team Members either through direct authority or influence.
- Works with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure shared understanding of Generalist and Business Partner’s philosophy, objectives, and process / procedural requirements.
- Demonstrates active and empathetic listening skills.
- Ensures data-based insights are shared with appropriate organizational decision-makers.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of WFM strategic direction and how TMS contributes to company success.
- Contributes to local / regional strategy development and ensures appropriate team focus and alignment.
- Assists in detailed task / project planning, including cost, schedule and resource requirements.
- Integrates internal and external stakeholder information and perspective in task and project management.
- Maintains open communication among all task / project stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Monitors outcomes and incorporates lessons learned into future task / project activity.
- Demonstrates understanding of industry, market and company dynamics and business drivers.
- Demonstrates understanding of partner and competitor dynamics and business drivers.
- Able to draw connections between industry / market trends in people and organizational management practices and their implications for WFM.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.