Senior Recruiter at Hippo Insurance
Role: Senior Recruiter
Location: Austin, TX
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter to help us scale our Austin team significantly. In this critical and highly visible role, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, driving the candidate pipeline, screening and guiding candidates through our interview process. This is a full cycle recruiting role that will focus on hiring for our high volume of Insurance roles in Customer Support, Claims and Sales. This role will have a direct path to Manager due to the exponential growth we are experiencing.
In close partnership with hiring managers, the Senior Recruiter will own the process to attract talent, demonstrating the ability to establish trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with team members and agents at all levels.
- You are a collaborative, strategic thinker with comprehensive knowledge and experience in high volume recruitment principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- You have a demonstrated ability to establish trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with hiring managers and candidates alike.
- You’re intellectually curious and are driven to truly partner with stakeholders to truly understand the needs of the business
- A sourcing master who is able to work with multiple recruiting tools to maximize our outreach
- An out of the box thinker who likes to try new things and be on the cutting edge of Recruiting
- A subject matter expert who can leverage data and insights to drive solutions
- Performs day-to-day recruiting activities such as sourcing, coordinating, screening, qualifying, interviewing, negotiating offers, and hiring candidates
- Assist in scaling the recruiting process and ensuring an endless flow of high-quality candidates
- Manage reporting on the hiring funnel to include tracking, measuring and monitoring all progress
- Maintain a cadence of communication and collaboration with hiring managers
- 6+ years’ experience high volume recruiting
- Insurance industry experience strongly preferred with an emphasis on Claims, Support and Insurance Sales
- Subject matter expertise in sourcing tools such as LinkedIn, TopFunnel, Indeed, ZipRecruiter and Gem
- Experience with Recruiting entry-level talent on up to seasoned licensed professionals
- University recruiting experience is a plus
- Strong ability to influence at all levels: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and goal oriented: Wants to win and have fun doing it!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.