Talent Acquisition Specialist
You're looking for a role where you can own your work, build internal and external relationships, and recruit mission-driven talent. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You know that being a successful recruiter requires a customer-service mindset, and you know how to think outside the box to identify and attract top talent. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company on a mission to defend public discourse. We use AI and machine learning to protect brands from disinformation attacks and are revolutionizing the way communities, companies, and industries respond to the spread of disinformation. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist with 3 or more years of experience owning full-cycle recruiting, ideally at a fast-growing startup, with bonus points for experience in technical hiring. This role will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Head of People.
What You’ll Do:
- Write and post job descriptions
- Source potential candidates on LinkedIn as well as niche platforms, like Stack Overflow and Github
- Understand specialized skills and qualifications to screen technical resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Guide candidates through the interview process, including scheduling their interviews and keeping them updated on their status
- Create and maintain relationships with passive candidates
- Participate in conferences and meetups to network with potential candidates
What You Have:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Recruiter
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of effective sourcing techniques (e.g. LinkedIn recruiting, Boolean search, in-person events)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the importance of attracting and retaining diverse talent
- Customer service mindset to ensure a strong candidate experience
What You’ll Get:
- Chance to do purpose-driven work with smart, enthusiastic people
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- 401(k) with a 4% company match
- A leadership team that trusts and embraces technology
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and Topo Chico
- Annual stipend to purchase the gadgets, books, subscriptions, and other tools you need
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly team-wide events like Alamo Drafthouse movie screenings, escape rooms, and stand up paddleboarding
- Many more benefits … apply and find out!