OutboundEngine is hiring a Training Specialist to join our People team, and take over primary Sales training duties. This person should have some relevant training experience, but we are willing to consider candidates who are looking to make a career leap. Ideally, we are looking for the 2016 "teacher of the year," who is now looking for a new challenge and considering a career change. This person may be looking new opportunities because due to oversight, regulations, and frustrations with administration stifling their creativity, they have grown tired of their current work environment. The best candidate will receive joy from seeing their students succeed. This new hire should be a life-long learner, who can deliver on projects at a quick pace. Sales experience is preferred.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95th on the 2016 Inc. 5000. We are based out of beautiful Austin, TX. OutboundEngine has been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
Primary Job Function: Serve as primary trainer and new-hire onboarder for Sales.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Design and implement training programs aligned with business strategy & objectives in collaboration with Sales department directors and managers.
- Schedule and administrate Sales New Hire Onboarding weeks.
- Create & deliver training content
- Call coach sales representatives
- Facilitate sales call reviews with sales representatives.
- Write, deliver, and grade lessons and practices within the internal LMS (Lessonly)
- Manage measurement process, criteria & metrics to assess training effectiveness
- Teach and evaluate new hire related classes
- Coach internal instructors on delivering classroom content, primarily developing SMEs into instructors.
- 3 years working on a Sales Floor or equivalent environment, or 2-years teaching middle school, high school, or university level classes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google, Learning Management Systems
- Instructional design experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Public Speaking experience a must.
- Extremely personable
- Strong administrative skills
- Willing to work both early and late
- Improv/theater experience a plus
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary
- Leadership / Career Development Programs
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability) - active the first of the month following, 30 days of employment
- Generous PTO, accrue 3 weeks annually plus a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass
- Casual dress and music rocking all day
- An awesome work environment and culture
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more
- Voted Top 10 Best Places to Work in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Required Education: Bachelors Degree - Education/instructional design preferred but not required.
Physical Effort: Need to be able to stack and move tables, take flights of stairs regularly, and be on their feet most of the day.