Role: DISCO Training Specialist
Location: Austin, TX, with 25% travel expected
DISCO seeks to hire a Training Specialist who is experienced, articulate and driven to deliver internal and external training to a variety of audiences. As a DISCO Training Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering an end to end training program to customers and internal client success employees via face to face and virtual formats.
DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born out of the firm’s frustration with conventional eDiscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods to technology, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing eDiscovery solution in North America.
As the leading provider of software as a service solution developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than 400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
- Deliver internal training to Services team members on product functionality, eDiscovery practices, and internal DISCO processes and procedures
- Assess internal team members’ skills and knowledge via project-based learning, and provide constructive feedback and personalized training based on outcomes
- Deliver external training to customer groups via face to face and virtual environments, including onboarding, role-based training, and advanced training per customer requirements
- Make complex technological and legal concepts accessible via quality instructional practices and clear communication
- Build and maintain DISCO product expertise for end-users & administrators, as well as domain knowledge about the eDiscovery industry and legal SaaS at large
- Collect and utilize customer feedback to identify growth areas for the program and delivery
- Collaborate on the development of relevant courseware materials based on customer needs and gaps in training content
- Participate actively in team meetings and individual interactions, providing insight to training operations and needs, as necessary
- Regularly track and report progress, utilization, and training outcomes to the Training Program Manager
- BA or BS required
- 5 years’ experience in eDiscovery, legal review, and legal technology
- 3 years’ experience delivering training in a professional learning environment
- Knowledge of standard industry tools, including: DISCO, Relativity, Everlaw, Axcelerate, iConect, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a wide range of audiences, including: senior-level attorneys, litigation support specialists, technologists, and executives
- Able to change work schedules to support global customer engagements in various time zones
Perks of DISCO
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be a part of a start-up culture — fastest-growing company in its space
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully paid health insurance
- Additional benefits: vision and dental insurance, 401(k)
Read Full Job Description