Vice President Human Resources
Vice President - Human Resources
Who are we?
Personify is the leading solution provider that empowers the best constituent-focused organizations to succeed. Through our constituent engagement software and services, we help our clients better interact with their constituents at every touch point. After 20+ years of innovation within the industry and hundreds of successful outcomes, our clients have trusted us to be their primary technology partner.
Personify is seeking a hands-on Vice President Human Resources to run the People function of this rapidly growing company of 300+ global team members. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President Human Resources will provide the leadership and functional expertise to develop and execute human resource strategies for the Company.
This individual will have a proven track record of building high performing teams within high-growth organizations and will be responsible for all aspects of the human resources function – including talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, training and development, compensation, benefits, and HRIS. They will also provide leadership, coaching and guidance to management teams by planning, developing and implementing Human Resources programs and projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
As the organization grows and evolves, the Vice President Human Resources will continue to develop and foster the overall culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recreate the HR function within the organization. Recast the structure and develop a vision. Build support for function at all levels of the organization.
- Direct the development, interpretation and application of human resources policies/processes throughout the organization. Provide direction and leadership to global HR function.
- Maintain overall supervision of the organization’s recruitment, placement and training programs and assures compliance with regional regulations.
- Direct a continuing study of all human resources policies, programs, processes and practices to keep the organization abreast of current best practice and informed of new developments.
- Provide input and guidance to company’s leadership regarding their efforts to forward the interests of employees in accordance with the organization’s human resources policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of wage and salary policies, process and structures, and performance/goal management programs. Assure that the organization’s compensation programs are competitive and equitable and in keeping with the organization’s compensation philosophy.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of all organization benefit programs and services.
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust M&A integration plans and practices. Ensure pre- and post- integration planning and execution is completed on time, efficiently and within company requirements/guidelines as well as within local, state and country regulations.
- Participate in the establishment of long-range objectives and strategic planning for the organization as well as function.
- Direct and maintains various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale as well as to support the core values and culture of the organization.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the department and to meet organizational needs. Responsible for updating top management on trends and metrics around employees and functions.
- Direct the assessment, development and delivery of training/coaching, competency planning, leadership development and succession planning for the organization.
- Direct the development and deployment of employee communications including newsletters, intranet/extranet, kiosk, etc.
Minimum 15 years experience in a high growth, preferably high tech/tech heavy global business environment reflecting a deep and working knowledge of HR basics and technology. Experience should include background in HR planning/selection/placement, M&A planning/integration, employee relations, compensation/benefits, HR systems, training/development, payroll/timekeeping and employee communications. Experience must include having developed the vision and created (or recreated) the structure of an international HR organization in a very dynamic, growth-oriented enterprise. Must have demonstrated building support for and alignment within the function where both were limited before.
- Conceptual Planning (Long- and Short-Term Focus)
- Global Strategic Thinking/Planning Skills
- Analytical Skills (including financial analysis and budgeting)
- Organizational Awareness/Industry Knowledge
- Revolutionary Change Mngt/Project Mngt
- Communication Skills (written/oral plus presentation skills)
- Influence Management Skills/Managerial Courage
- Coalition/Network Building (to include Negotiation skills, Conflict Mngt. & Perceptual Objectivity)
- Executive impact at all levels (personal power and indirect influence skills)
- Sensitivity to positional power
- Demonstrates high commitment
- Results Oriented (“Gets results”)
- Strong People Mngt Skills (to include motivation, support, mentoring, sharing)
- Stability of performance in a complex environment
- Political Savvy including the ability to engender trust and respect of senior management
- Adept at considering perspectives of other functions and cultures
- Inventive in approaching challenges
- Adept in supporting the concept of Process Mngt