Accounting Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program.
Q2 is seeking an Accounting Intern who will work with the general accounting team that is responsible for accounts payable, employee reimbursements, fixed assets, leases, and other general ledger accounting. The Accounting Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on accounting experience and learn more about what day to day life is like as an accountant at a public, growing company. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, dependable, detail-orientated, and works well in a team environment. This position can be in-person or hybrid in our Austin location, or remote.
Responsible for adhering to expense accounting policies and procedures world-wide. Activities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist with month-end close procedures and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports and analysis
- Assist senior accountants with on-going projects as needed
- Work cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Assist with system and software implementations as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting required with a minimum of two years of college completed
- Basic knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and the reporting and compliance issues of a public company
- Beginning MS Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, formulas, and analysis)
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong work ethic with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform independently while working in a team environment
- Strong, professional communication skills (written and verbal) with a customer service focus
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential employee and customer data
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.