If you are a energetic, driven, self-starter looking for an internship that provides insight into working for a fashion-lifestyle brand, this could be the job for you!
FACILITIES INTERNSHIP- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Facilities intern will report to the Facilities Manager and positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Facilities team. The primary responsibility of the Facilities Intern is to aid in all aspects of general office coordination and facilities requests.
• Oversee all aspects of general facilities coordination and needs.
• Communicate and coordinate with outside vendors regarding office repairs and maintenance.
• Maintain, reconcile, and follow-up with users regarding facilities and office service requests.
• Participate in moves/reconfigurations and work with contract movers as needed.
• Perform responsibilities within the established policies and standard procedures.
• Oversee Home Office needs and requests.
• Coordinate meetings and training room requests, including room set-up.
• Maintain inventory requirements for office supplies to ensure that ordering products is done in a consistent manner.
• Print and manage security badges and badge requests.
• Distribute in-house mail, UPS/FedEx packages.
• Fill in for the receptionist and perform all receptionist responsibilities such as answering phones and greeting guests when needed.
• Assist in coordination of Home Office events.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Superior customer service in order to effectively communicate with employees and external clients
• The ability to operate general office equipment including computers, telephones, copiers and printers
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy