Intern - Pharma Partnerships Analytics at Invitae
Location: Remote in U.S.A.
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
Intern - Pharma Partnerships Analytics
The Pharma Partnerships Analytics Intern will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of analytics and programming projects and tasks. These will focus on compiling and analyzing data for the Pharmaceutical Partnerships group. This work includes but is not limited to:
- Interpreting and analyzing a broad range of data types including patient, variant, and unstructured free text.
- Extracting, cleaning, modeling, and transforming data into actionable reports for the development of new pharmaceutical partnership, clinical trial, and patient outreach programs.
- Please take a look at these examples of our ongoing partnerships:
- Behind the Seizure
- Invitae Detect - Muscular Dystrophy
- BRCA Care
- Creating and maintain automated reporting workflows for new and ongoing partnership programs
- Support the creation and modification of data visualizations in Tableau and/or Looker
The candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with internal partners from across the company at multiple levels of technical expertise. As a part of the internship program the candidate will take ownership of a project that spans most if not all of their time with Invitae. In order to work effectively on the potential projects listed above we at Invitae are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Strong interest in analytics/life sciences/biotechnology/genetics. Pursuing a degree in a related field
- Experience with at least one of the following: querying relational databases (SQL), statistical programming (Python, R), statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Pandas, Numpy, Excel), data visualization packages (matplotlib, ggplot, plotly), or data visualization software (Tableau, Looker)
- A desire to learn to effectively use the above tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong interest in data queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Self-starter with a propensity for solving a diverse set of questions using multiple data systems.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.