Intern - Software Engineer - Content Platform at Invitae
Location: Remote in the U.S.A.
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
Software Engineer Invitern - Content Platform
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic information company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding at a rapid pace. To support the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to innovate quickly. The platform’s focus on scale, speed, and supportability enables this pace while keeping us lean and efficient.
The mission for our Content Platform team is to create the systems upon which we build the rest of Invitae. The platform provides self-service tooling to support Invitae’s assay development efforts to expand genetic services.
We are looking for engineering interns who are interested in learning how to build maintainable libraries and databases at scale.What you will do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable Python code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Contribute to technical efforts for internal customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
- Python coding experience.
- Understanding of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.). Hands on experience is a plus.
- Top notch interpersonal skills.
- A mission-oriented attitude and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.