PHILANTHROPY INTERNSHIP- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020.
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Philanthropy intern will be responsible for supporting three different channels of the Philanthropy team: Corporate Philanthropy, Field Philanthropy, and Employee Philanthropy. Within these three channels they will support national campaigns, seasonal launches, partnerships, donation requests, events and activations all that further help speak to and support our philanthropic pillar. This role will report directly to the Philanthropy Lead and together you will work in close partnership to bring a myriad of philanthropic campaigns, events, volunteer days, etc. from idea to execution.
• Develop strategic business partnerships with cross-functional teams and external partners to support the Philanthropy side of the business
• Partner with Philanthropy Lead to help manage all philanthropic partners and campaigns
• Help manage and execute all philanthropic events
• Develop philanthropic strategy for Back to School Campaign
• Help prepare the Breast Cancer Awareness strategy and campaign for roll out
• Plan and execute a home office volunteer day(s) to roll out to corporate employees
• Manage the YourCause back-end system of our donation and event requests, including reporting, awarding, and archiving requests
• Manage the Kendra Gives Back email inbox in a timely manner, assisting customers with questions and troubleshooting
• Fulfill donation requests at the Home Office or through NuOrder system
• Pull weekly Kendra Gives Back reports for all stores
• Assist in building out the weekly Philanthropy Impact Report
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 20- July 26, 2019. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Monday, May 20th).
o Memorial Day & Fourth of July will be observed as company holidays.
• A car to utilize for event needs
• Understanding and acknowledgement that they are applying for a position that will require to work events (extra hours, weekends, etc. - without additional pay)
• Project management skills
• Interest and knowledge in the philanthropic space
• Positive attitude and willingness to execute any large or small task
• Ability to speak to external partners in a professional way
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and cross-functional teams
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy