PHOTOGRAPHY PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered.
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back.
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization.
• Hands on strategizing and planning.
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events.
The Photography Production Intern will report to the Producer and positively represent the brand while creating cross functional partnerships as an interim member of the Creative Services team. The primary responsibility of the Photography Production Intern is to aid in the execution of daily operations of the Photography team, assisting with the implementation and organization of a multitude of photoshoots resulting in exciting and inspiring creative content that will draw customers in to increase sales, gain brand awareness and customer retention.
In studio and photoshoot assistance:
• Assist in all steps needed to produce a photoshoot including calendar management, scheduling/booking of vendors, prop curation/return, and on-site assistance during photoshoots.
• Coordinate assets and communications with cross functional teams, gathering deliverables and time managing vendors and contractors.
• Research like-minded brands and conceptualize ideas from start to finish to execute within the direction and standards of the Kendra Scott creative team.
• Assist in organization of product samples and tracking of their status from receiving to photography to the website.
• General upkeep and organization of the studio and equipment on a weekly basis as well as during and after studio photoshoots.
• Tracking of any borrowed inventory, product or equipment and that it is responsibly returned.
• Be willing and able to capture in store, corporate, or special requested events in the Austin area.
• Retouching an assortment of types of photography ranging from product, portrait, event, or store photos.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 26th- July 31st, 2020. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Tuesday, May 26th)
o Fourth of July will be observed as a company holiday
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy