Associate General Counsel - Commercial at DISCO
As our Associate General Counsel, you will handle and manage a broad range of contractual matters, assist the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer with the corporate needs of DISCO, and work in additional substantive areas as need arises. You will report directly to our General Counsel and will interface frequently with senior business leaders. You will also have an opportunity to collaborate on and shape the legal technology of today and the future.What You’ll Do:
- Draft and negotiate agreements for customer and partner SaaS offerings worldwide
- Assist and participate in the definition and development of customer contract templates, policies, procedures and programs, as well as legal process templates and training
- Draft and negotiate all aspects of vendor and customer contracts
- Draft and prepare corporate documents worldwide
- Primary responsibility to one or more additional substantive legal areas.
- Previous experience at an AmLaw 50 and/or Fortune 1000 company
- Technology contract experience, working with a broad range of commercial and general business matters, with 5+ years of experience preferred;
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to meet demanding deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience and confidence leading negotiations with a variety of counterparties;
- The ability to work independently with limited oversight;
- An understanding of data privacy and data security;
- An understanding of export controls;
- The ability to develop and implement policies, guidelines, and templates;
- Experience supporting board meetings, including reviewing and drafting resolutions, minutes, written consents, and supporting materials;
- An ability to anticipate potential problems and develop mitigation strategies in advance;
- Willingness to serve on project teams in merger and acquisition, corporate structure development, affiliated entity formation, and other contexts;
- The ability to support private and public financing transactions.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO has raised more than $135 million in venture capital and is using this investment to apply our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform the practice of law. We have an office in London and continue to expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.