Associate General Counsel - Commercial
The person selected for this role will manage and handle a broad range of contractual matters, in addition to assisting the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel with the corporate needs of the company. The role reports directly to the General Counsel and will interface periodically with senior business leaders. The selected person will also have an opportunity to help shape the legal technology of today and the future.Primary Responsibilities:
Drafting and negotiating subscription/cloud agreements for customer and partner SaaS offerings worldwide, assisting and participating in the definition and development of customer contract templates, policies, procedures and programs, as well as legal process templates and training, drafting and negotiating all aspects of vendor and customer contracts, and primary responsibility to one or more additional substantive legal areas.Well-qualified candidates will have:
- Strong technology contract experience at an AmLaw 50 or Fortune 1000 company, ideally involving 5+ years of experience working with a broad range of commercial and general business matters;
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to meet demanding deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience and confidence leading negotiations with a variety of counterparties;
- The ability to work independently with limited oversight;
- An understanding of data privacy and data security;
- An understanding of export controls;
- The ability to develop and implement policies, guidelines, and templates;
- Experience supporting board meetings, including reviewing and drafting resolutions, minutes, written consents, and supporting materials;
- An ability to anticipate potential problems and develop mitigation strategies in advance;
- Willingness to serve on project teams in merger and acquisition, corporate structure development, affiliated entity formation, and other contexts;
- The ability to support private and public financing transactions.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus and equity
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.