As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Commercial Contracts Attorney that will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating customer contracts across various industries that Workrise supports. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience in reviewing and negotiating Construction contracts, as well as a variety of other agreement types.
Why Join us? Our Legal Department team at Workrise provides extensive support to every one of our operating subsidiaries, so there are continuous opportunities to grow and learn. From oil and gas, to renewable energy, to construction, you’ll have the opportunity to provide immediate value across various industries.What you’ll be doing:
- Draft and negotiate construction agreements with general contractors, owners, and subcontractors
- Review and negotiate all commercial contracts for our oil & gas, wind, solar, and construction divisions
- Analyze and assess risk to the business under various commercial contracts and present risks to senior management
- Working with cross-functional teams to improve processes involving the legal department and commercial contracts
- Coordinating with other parts of the legal, credit, and business teams to protect Workrise’s interests, including through liens and litigation when necessary
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar (Texas bar membership strongly preferred)
- At Least 2 years of contract negotiation experience in the construction industry
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Superior analytical, writing, oral communication, research, investigatory, advocacy, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks and with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Exceptional judgment when weighing both legal and business risk
- In-house experience is preferred
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!