Contract Specialist at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Contract Specialist to join Procore’s Legal team. In this role, you’ll support and partner with our global Sales organization in drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and managing a broad range of customer agreements and related transactions, working closely with our Sales, Revenue Operations, Deal Desk, Product, Customer Success, and Finance teams.
As a successful Contract Specialist, you’re an astute negotiator with impeccable judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills. Your knowledge of SaaS industry principles, concepts, practices, and standards allow you to regularly refine the Legal team's templates and training materials. You’re a collegial, hardworking, confident, self-starter with a passion for results and eager to continually improve transaction velocity, efficiency, and standardization across the various organizations you're partnering with.
This position reports to Procore’s Associate General Counsel, Commercial and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, California headquarters or Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of both in-bound and out-bound SaaS and sales agreements, including master subscription agreements, statements of work, sales orders, professional services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, assignment and assumption agreements, amendments, restatements, RFPs, and other related commercial agreements
- Analyze, interpret and advise business partners on contractual rights, obligations, risks, impacts, and clarifications associated with those agreements and transactions
- Ensure contract terms are compliant with relevant business requirements, such as concession approvals, service terms, and revenue recognition rules
- Regularly contribute to, developing and refining the Legal team’s templates, playbooks, guidance documents, and training materials
- Assist in the maintenance of our Sales contract repository, including managing the contracting process (both within the contract management application and offline), reporting on key terms, developing and iterating on form documentation, and managing contract data
- Participate in special projects to identify, develop, implement, and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency, and standardization
- Manage and meet aggressive departmental SLAs and efficiently oversee the contracting process, driving deals to closure in a fast-moving SaaS sales environment
- Train, counsel, and provide guidance to business partners on your areas of responsibility
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with exceptional academic credentials
- 3-5+ years of proven experience working in a high-volume contract administration department reviewing, drafting and negotiating SaaS, sales, services and related commercial agreements, ideally at the enterprise level
- Previous in-house legal experience a strong plus, ideally supporting a global sales organization at a SaaS or other software company
- Strong understanding of all legal terms and contract formation is required, including a strong facility with indemnity, intellectual property, warranties, liability, termination, and remedy provisions
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a non-confrontational, constructive basis
- Familiarity with GAAP rules and revenue recognition issues in a global SaaS environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Conga Contracts, and SaaS industry principles, concepts, practices, and standards a strong plus
- Understanding of data privacy and data security in a global SaaS environment is a strong plus
- Highly proficient in Google applications, including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Notes, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, including senior management and the board of directors
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.