Khoros is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our Legal team. As a Contracts Manager for Khoros, the successful candidate will help accelerate Khoros' success by providing practical, creative, thoughtful and quick answers to key legal questions. The Contracts Manager will be required to draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of commercial agreements, including customer and vendor agreements. They will assist with the continuous development of the contracts team and its processes. Khoros' Legal function is diligent and proactive and works cross–functionally with all areas of the company in a collaborative, collegial, fast-paced, global team environment.
- Write or review, draft and negotiate software license agreements, professional services agreements, contract addenda, and manage contracts for SaaS software and services (MSA, Order Forms, SOWs, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Reseller Agreements)
- Propose alternative language for risk mitigation, risk flow, and revenue recognition. Provide effective guidance of contract issues to management
- Establish initiatives for contracts team including contracting tools & processes, legal language library, reference materials, and playbooks. Create training material for and establish contracts compliance procedures and documentation.
- Review RFPs and RFQs, offering appropriate alternatives to contract terms and conditions.
- Advise sales management of contractual rights and obligations and provide clarification of contract terms and conditions
- Act as a liaison between internal and external customers to efficiently drive the contract review and approval process to conclusion.
- Analyze and validate all aspects of incoming non-disclosure, software-as-a-service customer, vendor, partner, contractor and other company agreements, applying general contract and intellectual property principles knowledge to independently address a variety of contract issues.
- Conduct initial review of all incoming contract requests and correspondence to identify any terms that vary from corporate standards to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommend appropriate modifications, engaging and collaborating with internal stakeholders in the sales, professional services, legal and other internal organizations as may be required.
- 3+ years of experience as a member of an in-house legal team or law firm drafting, negotiating and managing a wide variety of commercial and technology-related agreements.
- Intellectual curiosity about Khoros customers, products/technology and contract provisions.
- A strong understanding of contract provisions and the legal areas and laws that impact them.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical and business needs and act to influence and persuade others in a manner that protects the company and aids in meeting/exceeding our revenue targets and maintaining a competitive edge.
- Outstanding drafting skills, including demonstrated ability to work with attention to detailed contractual language related to technology.
- Verbal presentations are clear, concise and thoughtful; has a negotiation style.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- The ability to guide employees to define requirements and draft appropriate contract terms.
- The ability to successfully work with and lead teams, including both attorneys and business executives, to solve complex legal issues and recommend solutions.