Contracts Manager at CesiumAstro (Austin, TX)
Please Note: US citizenship is required for this position. You must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Contracts Manager to our team. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working independently on contract management responsibilities, including contract and regulatory compliance, and negotiations (price, terms, and conditions, and technical requirements).
In this position, you will manage all Follow-On proposals, solicitations, contract changes, for terms and business risks, support proposal preparation team and provide guidance on signature and approval authority, as needed. You will also support continuous improvement initiatives to enhance department and organizational performance and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally and collaborate across the organization.
If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about business transformation, we would like to hear from you.
- Manage multiple contracts at the same time, including various contract types such as cost reimbursable and fixed price
- Understand and interpret requirements for both government and international contracting
- Draft, analyze, and negotiate statements of work, terms and conditions, data requirements, etc. to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Manage existing contracts to ensure compliance to contract terms, identify and seek adjustment for out-of-scope changes, and mitigate risk areas
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with both internal and external customer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills, with the ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Sense of urgency, with ability to work well under pressure
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with NASA, DOD, and major Aerospace primes
- CPCM certification
- Extensive Federal Acquisition Regulation(s), (FAR 12), Federal Acquisition Regulation(s) (FAR 15), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Commercial Contracts knowledge and experience.
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.