Corporate Counsel, Monetization
Unity Technologies provides a growing number of services to our customers as an end-to-end solution for game development and monetization.
Unity is looking for a business-oriented, experienced Corporate Counsel with experience structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing advertising, commercial and technology-related agreements to support the rapid growth and evolution of Unity’s Monetization business, including the Advertise, Engage and LiveOps, and Monetize product suites. You will work on the intersection of our cutting-edge Unity game engine, data products, and our innovative AdTech and monetization ecosystem. You will work closely with global teams across Unity to advise on various legal issues and help create, implement and maintain processes and tools that support our commercial operations. This is a rare opportunity to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a small but mighty Monetization Legal Team, where your work will have a direct impact on our business. If you are the can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for helping close deals and driving cross-functional projects over the finish line, this would be a great fit for you!
- Lead drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of technology transactions (both inbound and outbound) agreements
- Provide commercial contracting support, including around data and privacy, and serve as a point of escalation for various agreements ranging from day-to-day operational agreements, terms of service (including discount, rebate, referral, and other non-standard sales agreements), IOs, agency agreements, data agreements, ad exchange agreements, to complex business development deals; create and maintain form agreements
- Advise product, business development, sales, marketing, engineering, IT, customer service, and other teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting, sales, product development, intellectual property and commercialization, including compliance with US and international laws and platform partner terms of service
- Stay up-to-date and keep the team advised on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations
- Leverage your expertise by creating, maintaining, and conducting effective legal training and actionable written guidelines for the business
- Act as a utility player and work across a variety of projects and teams
- You have strong academic credentials and an active membership in a state bar
- You have relevant experience in a law firm, government agencies, and/or in-house legal department working on tech transactions, preferably with cloud-based technology companies (either in-house or as outside counsel)
- You are a bit of a deal-junkie. You have done a lot of drafting and reviewing contracts and actually enjoy it. You love (or would love to learn more about) privacy and supporting privacy from a deal perspective. You also want to help manage (and constantly improve) the cross-functional contracting process overall
- You have a knack for thinking through the details while seeing the big picture; in other words, you see your job as working with the business to balance risk vs reward appropriately in support of business initiatives and objectives
- You view a fast-paced environment, a small but mighty team, and a little bit of chaos as a greenfield opportunity to have an impact
- You have the confidence and ability to interface with senior executives, clients and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner
- You see leading cross-functional projects and partnering with active business development, engineering, product, and marketing teams as a huge benefit of working in-house
- You love learning and helping others learn - you see creating passionate legal ambassadors throughout the company as a huge win for Legal and the company
- You take being a legal advisor seriously and have a can-do attitude when working with colleagues or clients, no matter their position at the company.
- You are a self-starter teammate with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, strong attention to detail, solution-orientation, and “keep it human” approach to communicating
- Technical, AdTech background and CIPP/US or CIPP/EU is a plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.