Who You Are
- Juris Doctor required; licensed by a state bar, Texas preferred
- At least five years of relevant experience with a nationally recognized law firm or in a business' legal department (a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred)
- Experience advising clients in the digital marketing or digital advertising industry preferred
- You have a proven ability to handle a broad range of legal issues, including M&A due diligence, employment law and immigration, marketing, corporate governance and risk management
- You are a business-focused, intellectually curious legal adviser who thrives when dealing with ambiguity; have a track record of ownership and delivering results; demonstrates excellent judgment, creativity, technical expertise, initiative and communication skills; knows the value of positive relationships
What You'll Do
- We want you to be a strategic business partner across the organization.
- You would negotiate, draft and review a broad range of commercial contracts to support business functions, including sales and marketing, advertising, facilities, tax, finance, and human resources
- You will provide legal advice regarding compensation, immigration, benefits, labor and employment related matters (hirings, terminations, remote worker, disability accommodations), flex policies, remote worker policies, ADA and FLSA
- You would negotiate, draft and review employment agreements, PIIAs, offer letters and immigration issues, and independent contractor agreements
- You will advise on FTC regulations and review materials produced by the marketing and advertising business groups, including press releases, articles, research, videos, marketing materials, advertisements and the company website
- You would advise on company-wide initiatives such as the Diversity and Inclusion program
- You would support other business units as needed
- We try to accelerate business growth through acquisitions. You would have an active role in those transactions.
- You will assist in structuring a range of M&A transactions and strategic partnerships.
- You would draft and/or supervise outside counsel’s preparation of transaction documents, including confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, and transaction agreements.
- You will lead and/or directly handle other aspects of outside legal counsel work in strategic transactions, including due diligence matters working with the legal teams at RetailMeNot and our corporate parent.
- You would lead legal's integration of acquired businesses.
- We view compliance and risk management as a critical component of our culture. You will lead that effort.
- You will be the functional lead of RetailMeNot’s risk management committee. In that capacity you will develop meeting materials, lead meetings and partner with other team members to identify, implement and report on risk mitigation strategies. You would also be the legal lead preparing and conducting the annual enterprise risk survey.
- You would also prepare and present materials for meetings of our parent’s audit committee and similarly be responsible for implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- You will revise RetailMeNot policies and draft new ones to reflect developments in law and/or best practices and will determine compliance with those policies by our team members.
- Advise, train, and implement processes in collaboration with the Company’s Legal Operations team to ensure the Company’s continued compliance in a complex and dynamic regulatory environment.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where all employees are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We work collaboratively with people outside of the reporting relationship to achieve results through cross-organizational teams
- We value different perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have lots of talented people to work with and learn from
- We will provide you with food, food, and more food, as well as free 24/7 downtown parking