Corporate Counsel at DISCO
The Corporate Counsel reviews and negotiates significant customer contracts and vendor contracts. The Corporate Counsel may also attend to various other legal matters, such as intellectual property matters and strategic transactions. The Corporate Counsel will partner with the business to complete deals efficiently, while reducing risk to DISCO.Your Impact
The Corporate Counsel will enable DISCO to grow and scale by partnering with sales and the business to put in place the right terms and conditions for each significant deal, acting as an escalation point for contract managers and diving into the significant deals from the start. The Corporate Counsel will also work as an important part of Deal Desk (outbound contracts) and Vendor Desk (inbound contracts) and support those efforts. The Corporate Counsel will also be an important part of the small Legal Team and should be willing to help on any other issue that comes to Legal, including working with and managing outside counsel as necessary.What You'll Do
- Review and negotiate sales contracts
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts
- May work on joint development or licensing agreements
- Support the business on various other legal needs, such as intellectual property matters, strategic transactions, product issues, etc.
- JD Degree admitted to a State Bar
- 4+ years of experience as a Corporate Counsel in a technology company or in-house in an IP or corporate group
- Proven ability to review and negotiate contracts effectively and drive them to completion
- Approach work in a creative and collaborative way
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), internally and externally
- Adaptable and able to work independently, even as priorities shift according to the needs of the business
- Welcome opportunities to grow legal expertise
- Experience in legal technology and AI is a plus
- Superb oral and written communications ability
- Exceptionally organized, detail oriented and efficient
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.