Document Specialist – Special Filings at LegalZoom
Every legal document tells a story, and every document we process here at LegalZoom touches a customer’s life in a very real way, whether it’s a document to help them start a business, protect an idea, or protect their family. That’s why our Document Processors are so critical. We don’t just rely on technology, but our specialists carefully review each document to ensure customer information is complete so that our customers are truly delighted by the final document they receive.
Our Document Specialist are extremely detail-oriented, have exceptional proofreading skills, can meet tight deadlines, and work with different legal products each day. It’s all part of helping our customers achieve their dreams.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for accurate and timely production of legal documents for the customer and/or government agencies.
- Navigate government websites in order to file documents or research data
- Manage and coordinate third-party filings and process serving deadlines.
- Maintains quality service by maintaining and following procedure manuals, resolving processing problems, and recording time measurements
- Supports operations by cross-training on related jobs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Copyediting, proofreading or academic grading experience.
- Legal industry background, experience, knowledge or interest.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office, Internet, and related software applications
- Comfortable working efficiently across multiple data platforms and utility suites (Filenet, SalesForce, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Professional team player with the ability to multi-task in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Must have flexible schedule, including availability on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be highly organized, proactive and detail oriented.
- Self-starter who works well with or without supervision
- Experience conducting general research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Typing 40-50 words per minute