Our Legal team is looking for a skilled Legal Counsel to join Khoros. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished mid-level attorney with a distinguished professional record, strong business orientation, a creative and problem-solving mindset and strategic agility. The position requires experience in contract drafting and negotiations in the cloud/ SaaS industry, a solid understanding of data privacy rules both in the U.S. and abroad, and basic understanding of security standards applicable to cloud companies.
The role requires exemplary ethics and integrity, a high level of organization/ project management skills, self-motivation, and problem-solving aptitude. The candidate must have the ability to partner with and support the business to achieve key goals while maintaining the high standards of the Khoros Legal department. The individual in this role must be able to perform and thrive in a fast paced highly collaborative environment and will be accountable for significant legal decisions and counsel. Prior law firm experience strongly preferred.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage customers' transition from third party contracts to Khoros contracts.
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professional services agreements and a variety of other agreements.
- Provide Legal advice to Khoros product management, sales, and other internal groups on topics such as contract interpretation, customer disputes, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist as needed in M/A due diligence and transitions.
- Design, implement, and improve upon legal department processes and policies.
- Provide legal counsel and support in business development activities, including conducting due diligence.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful:
- JD and licensed to practice with a preference for TX, CA, DE or NY.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years' experience in contract drafting and negotiations.
- Experience in a major law firm and/or in-house SaaS legal department.
- Solid understanding of data privacy rules both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Basic understanding of security standards applicable to cloud companies.
- Specific knowledge re: any/all of the following preferred: EU data privacy regulations and GDPR; HIPAA; GLBA.
- Experience with M/A due diligence and integration efforts preferred.