Marketing and eCommerce Counsel at Whole Foods Market
Primary legal representative for support of Whole Foods Market customer and marketing initiatives, including trademarks, advertising, media relationships, website, and customer engagement. Drafts, reviews and negotiates service agreements for Whole Foods Market. Interprets contractual language of agreements for Team Members. Reviews and performs due diligence for acquisitions. Assists Team Members during negotiation for new services. Assists management with projects on an as needed basis. Provides legal advice regarding new global and corporate wide initiatives.
- Reviews and advises on Whole Foods Market marketing initiatives, including contract, trademark, licensing, advertising, privacy and social media issues. Reviews advertising copy and press releases. Advises on eCommerce issues as applies to WFM initiatives and joint Amazon initiatives. Assists with the prosecution and defense of the Whole Foods Market trademark portfolio. Performs content screenings for advertising, and conducts preliminary trademark searches. Reviews and advises on sponsorship, influencer, events, production and donation agreements.
- Drafts and negotiates licenses, service agreements, other contracts and creates internal form agreements, including agency agreements, consulting agreements, software hosting agreements, and NDAs.
- Works with the Legal Team to establish company policies and procedures.
- Advises on supplier disputes and contractual issues. Advises on supplier co-branded marketing initiatives.
- Drafts, reviews and interprets contract provisions, such as termination rights, Whole Foods Market and supplier responsibilities and penalties for non-compliance.
- Conveys information in a clear, concise and logical manner, communicates persuasively, advocates a position or cause and has effective listening skills.
- Draft effective and organized contracts.
- Knowledge of substantive laws and legal procedures, particularly FTC and FDA regulations.
- Reviews and assimilates large volumes of complex information in an efficient and effective manner.
- Researches and interprets legal concepts, statutes, regulations, case law and other information.
- Advise on ad tech and privacy related regulations such as CAN-SPAM, TCPA, CASL.
- Familiarity with web accessibility.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.