Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Do you nerd out about waste regulations? On the road, do you play transportation placard bingo instead of the license plate game? If so… we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a classification expert to help us in our efforts to transform the chemical classification space and change the world. Expert Review is a critical part of our process to provide regulatory classifications for our customers. Please apply if you are comfortable reviewing and auditing regulatory data from the waste management industry so that it is properly used in the most valuable way. Our Regulatory Expert must be well versed in the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and understand how the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) uses its authority to develop processes and policies on how to properly manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
What We're looking for
- 5+ years of experience working in the regulatory space
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding and applying CFR 40 and 49
- Fluent in the language of RCRA
- Fully proficient in Excel, bonus for further database and programming skills
- Chemical Engineering Background or similar preferred
- DGSA, CDGP, CHMM certifications appreciated
What You'll Be Doing
- Classifying consumer products for Waste and Transport
- Regulatory Rule Writing (part of our Machine Learning process)
- Regulatory Consulting with Data and Engineering teams
- Client facing Regulatory Support with Sales and Customer Success team
- Transportation and Shipping focused Business Development Support
Your first month
- Ramp up on all things Smarter Sorting
- Review and audit classification results from Smarter Sorting’s Regulatory AI
- Manage Retail Classification efforts
Your first 3 months
- Manage Formulator Classification efforts
- Expand Smarter Sorting’s understanding of how to value and use classifications in Dangerous Goods transportation
Your first 6 months
- Support the product team in launching new products or services for the transportation market
- Serve as the subject matter expert for regulatory classification in customer-facing meetings
- Train colleagues to better become regulatory classification subject matter experts
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description