Regulatory Classification Expert
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Do you nerd out about waste regulations? On the road, do you play transportation placard bingo instead of the license plate game? If so… we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a classification expert to help us in our efforts to transform the chemical classification space and change the world. Expert Review is a critical part of our process to provide regulatory classifications for our customers. Please apply if you are comfortable reviewing and auditing regulatory data from the waste management industry so that it is properly used in the most valuable way. Our Regulatory Expert must be well versed in the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and understand how the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) uses its authority to develop processes and policies on how to properly manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
What We're looking for
- 5+ years of experience working in the regulatory space
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding and applying CFR 40 and 49
- Fluent in the language of RCRA
- Fully proficient in Excel, bonus for further database and programming skills
- Chemical Engineering Background or similar preferred
- DGSA, CDGP, CHMM certifications appreciated
What You'll Be Doing
- Classifying consumer products for Waste and Transport
- Regulatory Rule Writing (part of our Machine Learning process)
- Regulatory Consulting with Data and Engineering teams
- Client facing Regulatory Support with Sales and Customer Success team
- Transportation and Shipping focused Business Development Support
Your first month
- Ramp up on all things Smarter Sorting
- Review and audit classification results from Smarter Sorting’s Regulatory AI
- Manage Retail Classification efforts
Your first 3 months
- Manage Formulator Classification efforts
- Expand Smarter Sorting’s understanding of how to value and use classifications in Dangerous Goods transportation
Your first 6 months
- Support the product team in launching new products or services for the transportation market
- Serve as the subject matter expert for regulatory classification in customer-facing meetings
- Train colleagues to better become regulatory classification subject matter experts
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to advancing sustainability at every phase of the consumer product lifecycle. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, legally compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to minimize valuable product disposal and maximize sustainable alternatives such as donation, reuse, and recycling.
A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
Read Full Job Description