Regulatory & Government Relations Specialist at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a Regulatory & Government Relations Specialist to ensure our courses meet all required regulations. Reporting to the Director of PMO, this role is a critical link between planning and execution of our online courses. If you are extremely organized and live for overcoming bureaucracy, this role may be the one for you!
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PMO TEAM
The Aceable PMO team is redefining how a PMO functions in an organization. Our team enables success across the entire company. In some cases, that means researching and documenting state regulations, in others it’s waterfall project management, and in yet other cases, it’s coordinating the launch of a new course, or filling in for the role of scrum master for an engineering team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Track school and course renewal deadlines and submit renewal documentation and fees in a timely fashion in order to maintain active approvals for multiple verticals
- Create and proactively manage relationships with regulatory and government contacts to make communication easy
- Attend public regulatory and government meetings and communicate pertinent information to relevant stakeholders (about one a month)
- For certain schools and courses, manage the submission of quarterly and yearly reports to regulatory and government bodies, including - but not limited to - student completion information and annual business/corporation reports
- For certain schools and courses, manage the timely submission of state-requested data and audit materials
- Respond to inquiries from regulatory and government bodies, leading the internal effort to obtain the answers from the correct department owners
- Keep the business informed of any regulatory updates
- Research, document, and communicate in-depth regulatory approval requirements to be used by Product, Engineering, and Learning Experience teams as the company expands into new states or verticals
- Submit and manage all applications and documentation to regulatory and government bodies, as the Company expands into new states or verticals
- In response to letters of deficiencies, inform stakeholders and then track and collect all curative materials and submit in a timely manner to ensure speedy processing and approval
- Identify and maintain relationships with instructors of record across multiple verticals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Extremely organized, with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities
- Conscientious of deadlines while maintaining quality
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build long-lasting, trust-based relationships with local and remote regulatory agencies
- Experience conducting independent research on various rules, regulations, and market data and produce summary reporting of results to key stakeholders
- Experience using Google Docs/Sheets
- Experience with product and/or process training for support teams
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.