Unity is looking for a Senior Compliance Counsel to join its growing legal team. In this role, you will lead some of Unity’s compliance functions and advise all levels of the organization, both domestically and internationally, on compliance-related matters. You will use your expertise to oversee strategic development, improvement, and implementation of a robust compliance program consisting of policies, trainings, investigations, and risk assessments across a range of subject matters in order to promote a culture of compliance and scale processes across our international footprint. This position will report to the Managing Counsel, Compliance and Employment and be an integral member of the Corporate legal team.
- Provide expert guidance on trade compliance issues, including export and import controls, product classifications, deemed exports/re-exports, transfers, license requirements, OFAC sanction programs, and DDTC regulations
- Advise and counsel across other compliance areas, including sales compliance, FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery laws, antitrust, and conflicts of interest
- Develop, maintain, or improve policies and procedures to ensure that Unity conducts business in compliance with global regulations
- Develop a compliance training program to provide Code of Conduct and Ethics training to all employees and issue-specific training to individual business units
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations into alleged violations of the law, the Code of Conduct and Ethics, or other compliance policies including reviewing documents, interviewing employees, developing action plans, drafting final reports, and liaising with the General Counsel for resolution
- Manage or conduct periodic strategic risk assessments
- Develop a global employee communication strategy to drive continuous compliance awareness
- JD from an accredited law school
- Experience at a law firm and/or corporate law department in major compliance areas, including export control, sales compliance, trade compliance, FCPA and other anti-bribery laws, and conflicts of interest
- Some experience advising on international compliance regulations, specifically in EMEA and APAC
- Ability to draft documents, policies, messages and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers
- Ability to interact effectively with C-suite executives and business unit leaders
- Experience with other compliance areas, including HR compliance and EH&S
- Experience conducting investigations into alleged policy violations
- Prior in-house experience working with advertising, enterprise software, internet, or high-tech companies.
- Practical, business-focused mindset and willingness to dig into the issues
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.