Senior M&A Counsel at Unity
Unity is looking for a Senior M&A Counsel to join its growing legal team. In this role, the attorney will lead the Legal M&A function at Unity to support complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, financings and commercial partnerships across our global organization. This role will also oversee M&A integration as well as we scale our processes and standards across our international footprint. This position will report to the Director, Corporate Legal and be an integral member of the Corporate legal team.
- Serve as the lead M&A attorney in large complex transactions, including drafting and negotiating NDAs, term sheets, definitive and ancillary agreements, conducting due diligence, and advising on deal structures and legal risks
- Manage legal aspects of Unity’s post-closing integration efforts, including driving towards best practice processes and procedures
- Work cross-functionally with the Corporate Development, People, Accounting, Treasury, and Tax groups, as well as applicable business units and internal Legal colleagues, to bring deals to completion and ensure post-closing success
- Advise on corporate governance, equity compensation, securities compliance and board matters arising in connection with M&A transactions
- Advise on legal aspects of corporate transactions such as securities offerings and treasury activities
- Support Unity’s real estate-related transactions including coordinating local counsel and working with the Workplace Experience team at Unity as well as efficiently manage outside counsel on a global basis
- Participate in the design and development of new processes and procedures, develop and continuously improve form agreements, and draft and negotiate commercial agreements as applicable
- JD from an accredited law school
- Extensive experience at a top law firm or corporate law department with a national or international presence, specifically in M&A, with corporate, securities or capital markets experience
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating M&A-related documents
- Excellent judgment, verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and functions
- Ability to interact effectively with C-suite executives and business unit leaders
- Experience with international transactions, including with respect to corporate, employment, equity and tax implications
- Prior in-house experience working with advertising, enterprise software, Internet or high-tech companies
- Desire to think creatively and strategically to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to get things done
- Practical, business-focused mindset and willingness to dig into issues
- Curious, with a sense of humor
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.