Content Marketing, Associate at Realtor.com
Realtor.com®, a leading online destination for real estate services, has acquired Avail. This role will align with the Avail team, the newest addition to the realtor.com® network. Avail offers a software platform with a complete set of tools, guidance, and best in class educational content providing landlords with everything they need to be confident and professional.
Avail (Part of The Realtor.com Network) is seeking an experienced writer who can analyze a variety of data sources and report and write compelling stories about the housing industry.
The data content specialist will first and foremost be an exceptional writer who can dig deep into any topic and present well-researched, easy-to-understand content that adheres to our content objectives and style guide. The ideal candidate will be a master at merging data, top-notch reporting, and the creation of original infographics and data visualizations to tell smart, entertaining, and surprising journalistic stories.
Our data stories range from insightful stories on the housing market, clickable pieces on landlord product comparisons, and in-depth stories exploring more serious topics like the eviction moratorium.
What will you do?
- Develop unique, entertaining, and definitive real estate stories — from original idea to final execution — incorporating data from a range of sources, both internal and external
- Write a range of high-quality content for our blog and other digital platforms, including educational articles, industry reports, news and research-based stories, social media content, and other marketing content as necessary
- Pitch content ideas based on keyword and market research, consumer and real estate trends, and company marketing objectives
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather and analyze data, using insights to pitch and develop content and story ideas
- Leverage data through platforms like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Ahrefs to monitor content metrics and evaluate, edit, and optimize published content
- Meet article deadlines and maintain editorial calendar
What will you bring?
- Journalism, copywriting/editing, or other writing background with experience writing and editing in AP style
- Analytical-mindset with proven ability to translate data and numbers into engaging and compelling content
- Ability to write error-free content in a variety of voices depending on audience and content objectives
- Knowledge of how to best format different types of content for SEO, engagement, and overall readability
- Deadline-driven with experience incorporating editorial feedback and making appropriate edits and adjustments to work
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and produce objective content with high-quality sources
- 2-3 years experience in a writing-focused role
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing content for SEO while balancing editorial and marketing objectives
- Experience with SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Google Keywords Planner
- Experience monitoring content through analytics platforms and using insights to optimize that content
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, Canva, and project management systems like Airtable
- Experience ideating and creating visuals that showcase and highlight data
This is a full-time position that could be based in Chicago, IL or in one of our offices for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.